Saturday 1 April 2017

Acupuncture, Holidays and Elgato!!!

Hello interweb, I trust your zero's and one's are still functioning in a manner that pleases the universe.
Ive had an interesting few weeks since we last connected. Some of which I will share with you here.
First of is my health, or lack thereof, you see after my 4th operation on L5 S1 spine location my recovery is not going particulary well.
The previous 3 operations have had me back to been a loon within about 4-6 weeks. This time I am around 10 weeks post op and still having some major issues, no feeling in my right foot, lower back pain, shooting pains through my ass into my foot and generally wandering about like a shambling mound. I think that was dungeons n dragons reference but not sure, if it is the geek is strong in this one. But I digress.
Anyway interweb to try to resolve some of these issues I decided to try some alternative therapy as opposed to just the morphine, codeine, paracetatemols, ibuprofen naproxen and red wine.

So Acupuncture it was. I can apparently claim it back from westfield health scheme so why not?
Well I must say I have been stuck with needles in places I would not care to mention and cupped and manipulated by a very nice lady for 2 hours the upshot of being I actually have sensation back in my right foot.
Sounds great but this is a double edged sword. Now I have feeling back in it I can feel the referred pain in it. Oh FFS when will this shit end.
Oh well, I have another session next week so hopefully I can progress from there and then get back to that mad man Bison my personal trainer for some work on my core body strengthening.

In other news Viper and myself have decided to take a break to our usual destination of the Maldives at the end May start of June, the rainy season. We have been there before at this time and whilst it does give some spectacular rain there is also plenty of sunshine plus its about a grand cheaper.
Heading to Sun Island which by Maldivian standards is Fooking massive. The usual islands we visit you can walk around in about 10 minutes, this place will take over an hour. Over a KM long makes it one of the biggest islands in the Maldives. However I shall reserve judgement till I have spent some time there. Apparently there is tree top dining etc several bars and places to eat so im sure we will be fine.
Best time of year for Whale shark and Manta Ray watching too so fingers crossed there.


I sometimes get lost in what I do and who I know,
Having spent a few years rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous and not really giving them the whole “im so impressed shit” it has been nice for the past couple of nights to have been exchanging a few emails with Alice Cooper, Now there is a nice guy. I met him at a car boot sale years ago. 

On the gaming front my Elgato capture card has been a total pain in the ass for weeks.
Elgato suggest that you record footage on a separate HDD than the one that is running the software.
So I got me a USB 3 HDD and plugged it in to my macbook pro.
Didnt matter what settings I used I got frames dropping and tearing footage etc.
Unplugged the USB drive and used the the hdd of the macbook pro to record footage and hey presto problem resolved..

And so we now come to the bit where im supposed to say something meaningful.
Im kinda stumped today so, I will leave you with this,

The difference between twenty-year-old me and me now is that I don't care if you like me.


Peace out yall, The BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment