Wednesday 16 November 2016

PS4VR, PS4PRO and Narcissists!!!

Good afternoon interweb, it's been a while.
Just to get you back up to speed I have been a little busy of late with numerous things including a 17 night stay in the Maldives.
Had an MRI scan before I went away and upon my return I was summoned to see my neurosurgeon.
It would appear that I am going to need a 4th operation on my spine to try and alleviate the pain I have been suffering and it was with the recovery in mind I went off to spend a shed load of cash on mission control as I will be spending a lot more time in there gaming during my recovery.

First off was a PS VR headset, Couldn't buy one for love or money but I did manage to persuade a charming young lady in Game to sell me one that had not been collected yet.


Now I am not going to give a review of the PS4 VR headset as I do not feel that I could do it justice, you see I have a very bad astigmatism and my eyes are old and bent. The image simply would not focus for me with or without glasses or contact lenses.
Don't get me wrong the thing is great, comfortable with and without glasses and the VR experience is stunning but at that price point I simply am not willing to put up with a slightly fuzzy image because I am Mr McGoo.
So that had to go on Ebay but to ease my pain I invested in a Samsung 43" 4K UHD Curved screen for Mission Control.
A few days later I picked up a PS4 Pro as well.
The main reason for switching from Sony Bravia (which has been my choice for many years now) was that the Sony Bravia range seem to have dropped the ball from a gamers point of view and when the Sony's output HRD or 4K images the input lag that the processing adds in upwards of 100 MS which is not great to be honest.
After a bit of research I found that the sub 20MS Samsung only added around 2-5 MS input lag after processing.
It is actually a bloody nice TV as well and looks awesome in mission control sat between 2 Acer 24" monitors. The one on the left is for normal PC work and the new addition on the right is going to have a fairly high end PC plugged into it along with the Elgato capture card.
Ill be using it for video game capturing and editing along with photo processing.
Which brings me nicely to the PS4 Pro.
If I didn't need to buy a new monitor for bedroom 1 then I probably would not have got the Samsung or the Pro, but the TV died in bedroom 1 so I told Viper she could have the Bravia from mission control and Id get a new one. RESULT.
So with the Pro in my clammy grasp on launch morning I headed home to set things up.
I had already uploaded all my game saves to the cloud so I could download them later.
One thing to note is that you need to install the games before downloading the game saves otherwise the system does not recognise them.
After installing all my games and downloading a jigabobagigalot of patches and updates I was ready to fire things up and get shit rolling.
First off I noticed that the Pro is slightly larger than the PS4 and the finish is a kind of matt affair with the PS logo on top. I personally love the looks of it and the Light bar has been moved to sit in the middle of the front of the console.
It has had quite a big spec upgrade details of which can be found below,
Product name PlayStation®4
Product code CUH-2000 series
Main processor Single-chip custom processor
CPU : x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine
Memory GDDR5 8GB
Storage size* 500GB, 1TB
External dimensions Approx. 265×39×288 mm (width × height × length)
(excludes largest projection)
Mass Approx. 2.1 kg
BD/ DVD drive
(read only)
BD × 6 CAV
DVD × 8 CAV
Input/ Output Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen1) port × 2
AUX port × 1
Networking Ethernet(10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)×1
IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Bluetooth®v4.0
Power AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
Power consumption Max. 165W
Operating Temperature 5 ºC – 35ºC
AV output HDMI™ out port (HDR output supported)



Now I wouldn't know a Terra Flop if I was pissing on one but what I do know is that the thing seems quieter and is fast as fuck.
The image that it displays from games like Infinite Warfare, Modern Warfare Remastered and Project cars is truly stunning.
I have not noticed any increase in lag on the games whilst outputting at the highest rates it can do but the image, man it is so sharp even up close that you could shave with it. Even from a couple of feet away you cannot see any jaggies or distortion or any sign of how the image is made up.
Is it necessary to upgrade to the PRO? No.
If you have a 4K TV and the spare cash I would say yes deffo.
Game had a deal on if you traded in your old PS4 and 5 games which is what I went for but that is now over I think.
Might be worth looking for some "Black Friday" deals or if you want to trade in your old PS4 here's a little trick for you.
Get a quote from CEX first as Game will give you 10% more than CEX offers.

In other news myself and a few other people on one of the gaming forums I visit have recently had to endure a rather unpleasant delusional narcissist.
 He had been trolling the forum with a load of crap as they do. I mean it is 2016, I didn't even think trolls were still a thing. That's just so 2000 man. Ah well as I have said before "Karma is a bitch and I got her on speed dial"

Anyway interweb it's about time for my afternoon nap so I shall leave you with this and bid you farewell.
“Narcissism falls along the axis of what psychologists call personality disorders, one of a group that includes antisocial, dependent, histrionic, avoidant and borderline personalities. But by most measures, narcissism is one of the worst, if only because the narcissists themselves are so clueless.”
and it is my humble opinion that the ‘Selfie Stick’ has to top the list for what best defines narcissism in society today.

Peace out yall, THE BAGSTAXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment